Wednesday, February 17, 2010

WKC (Wednesday Knitting Club)

HPIM3624 Tonight is Wednesday Knitting Club. I am pretty excited. I am going to finish up my first project ever and my first dish rag. Last knitting club, Jennifer taught me how to do a yarn over and how to increase. We are going to learn how to decrease next and hopefully, I can finish this up fast enough so that she can show me how to bind off!

I really want to learn to purl next. I am pretty sure I could knit my way through anything if I knew how to purl. I have gotten really good at knitting. I’m not afraid of frogging anymore. I have dropped and picked up stitches. I have stopped and started all over. I have progressed from cheap yarn, to merino wool.

 

HPIM3648

I have also been working pretty hard on this sweet scarf for my cousin (a sweet little almost 1 year old darling). I have about 30 inches left to go. Then, Ms. Kinsley will be able to wear her new scarf. I really love working on this one.

 

I have also found out that I have a signed copy of Yarn Harlot by Stephanie Pearl-Mcphee. I was pretty excited when I discovered my second hand book in brand new condition was signed and I paid a whole $2 for it.

Anyway, adventures in knitting as always continues!

1 comments:

TURBOchic said...

Can I just say how much love this post? First of all there's all the knitting progress updates. Secondly, I love this sentence "I have progressed from cheap yarn to merino wool." (Although the sentence I am most proud of is "I'm pretty sure I could knit my way through anything if I knew how to purl.") And thirdly, I love it when new knitter's make discoveries all their own. Especailly awesome ones like The Yarn Harlot.

Post a Comment