Thursday, February 25, 2010

WKC (late)

HPIM3524

Over the weekend, I finished my first scarf. Admittedly, it was 41 inches long (but that was like 410 rows). It was for baby Kinsley. I wanted to make it bright happy colors, but also pretty girly since most of her clothes have pink in it. Her momma loved it more than she did. But she’s 8 months old.

I also finished two dishrags! It takes me only about 2 hours to make a dishrag, so I like those kinds of projects.

At knitting club last night, I learned how to purl. So, I officially know the two stitched to knitting now. Purling is the complete opposite of what you would expect. It’s awkward to do at first, but it was okay. I am going to practice with it some more over the weekend.

HPIM3662 HPIM3525

 

I also bought some new yarn. It’s the most wonderful mix of superfine merino wool and silk. It’s lovely dyed and so soft and wonderful. I am using it for a project for my mom (that hasn’t been started yet). I can’t wait to see what it looks like all knitted up.

HPIM3538 

I also meant to ask my knitting sensei if we could knit, something simple like this picture I found on Home Sweet Home or Chasing Pavements (see my sidebar for links). I think this would be fun to make a few of these for a friend who is getting married.

0212_heart01_rect540  

 

So, what are you knitting?

*all other photos are author’s own collection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment