Monday, October 4, 2010

Yarn is for Lovers

HPIM3591

I’ll openly admit I don’t need new yarn. I have been knitting for several months now and I have a stash that is worthy of a seasoned knitter. I do have a ton of cotton yarn (Christmas presents… really) that needs to be knit up. I have sock yarn for socks I haven’t gotten around to yet. (I’m just knitting my first pair.) I have nice yarns that are longing to be something beautiful. Heck, I adore Manos and I have 2 skeins that I am JUST starting to use. So, why am I buying more? Because I knit and I want my friends to knit and my friend needed yarn.

So, we decided to buckle up and do a group order from knitpicks that we could each have some yarn without having to spend $50 each. I have to admit this is one of Jen’s smarter ideas.  I can’t actually take the credit for the genius of this one. I’d love to, but I’d be lying and Jen can read this. I digress.

So, of course since I was the one placing the order for the six of us (yes, it is pretty awesome that I work with 6 knitters) that I should probably buy something.

My husband wants the WWII watch cap and mittens. Well, I have Blue Sky alpaca for the mittens. So, I picked up some wonderful complimentary yarn for that. And then I saw this sock yarn. I’m not sure why a grown woman who is nearing 30 needs socks knit from teal, pink, and violet yarn… but darn it… I do!!

I need My Little Pony colored socks. I really do. I mean… don’t you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment