Thursday, October 28, 2010

Purple and Lace

HPIM2228_medium2I made this scarf for my mom for Christmas. I picked up this wonderful Manos silk blend yarn from a local yarn store a few weeks after I had started knitting. It was my first purchase of yarn that cost that much. I bought 2 skeins for the scarf, but only ended up using one. I had the pattern picked out to go with the yarn soon after I bought it. It was the Branching Out pattern from Knitty.
I wasn’t quite advanced enough to do the pattern right away and so it got put on the back burner until recently. I loved the pattern. Knitting it up was challenging and fun. The lace pattern turned out beautiful. The yarn once washed and blocked was even softer than it was while knitting with it.
I also wanted to share a word about knitting with Manos yarn. I love the softness of the yarn. It’s like knitting with clouds. It conforms, waits patiently if you drop a stitch, and looks delicious when knitted. It’s also a fair trade yarn. So, it’s worth the price. Go to your yarn store and pick some up. You won’t regret it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment